Contributions in criminal legal aid
The Scottish Civil Justice Council and Criminal Legal Assistance Bill was passed by the Scottish Parliament in January 2013. This enables contributions to be made in most types of criminal legal assistance.
Contributions are already paid in all types of Advice and Assistance and ABWOR, (including criminal cases), civil legal aid cases, and children’s legal aid. Regulations are to be introduced to implement contributions in most criminal cases too.
Read a Q&A on the introduction of contributions in criminal legal aid, which includes information on:
- How will clients be assessed for criminal contributions?
- Who will assess the contributions?
- Who will collect contributions?
- How was it decided to introduce contributions?
- How will the contributions be calculated?
- Examples of contributions payable
Criminal contributions updates:
Preparing for Criminal Contributions - Thursday, 10 October, 2013