Children's Quality Assurance
The Children’s Quality Assurance Scheme is for all solicitors who are registered with SLAB to provide children’s legal assistance.
The peer review process is administered by our Children’s Quality Assurance Committee (CHQAC), under section 25c of the Legal Aid (Scotland) Act 1986.
More details about the scheme and how it works is available in Part I, chapter 3, of the 2011 Act Children’s Legal Assistance Handbook.
This includes information on the processes for:
Equalities and diversity
FAQs - including on why the scheme is being introduced
If you would like any further information on the scheme, please contact:
Children’s Assurance Co‑ordinator
T: 0131 240 1945 E: email@example.com
A list of Children's Quality Assurance Committee members and peer reviewers is available below.
- Marie-Louise Fox , SLAB member (chair person)
- Elizabeth Cushieri, SLAB member
- Alison Reid, Clan Childlaw Ltd (SLAB member)
- Fiona Carey, Linda George Family Law (LSS representative)
- Lucy Millard (LSS representative)
- Dozie Azubike (Lay member)
- Colin Speight (Lay Member)
- Martin Toye (Lay Member)
- Professor Alan Paterson (Advisor)
- Anne Brophy, Lanarkshire Law Practice
- Billy Warden, Finlay, MacRae, Gilmartin, Warden
- Eva Comrie, Comrie Law
- Fiona Cook, Cook Stevenson & Co
- Gail Wiggins, The Grant Smith Law Practice
- Gerry McClure, McClure Collins
- Gordon Ghee, Nellany & Co
- Lesley Dowdalls, Mackintosh & Wylie
- Lynne Collingham, T C Young
- Margaret Carlin, McQuillan Glasser & Waughman
- Mark Thorley, Thorley Stephenson Ltd
- Rick Mill, Mill and Millard