- Information for the public
- Civil cases
- Criminal cases
- Children's Hearings
- Leaflets for the public
- Find a Solicitor
- Report a suspected fraud
- Information for providers
- Legal Aid Online Hub
- Mailshots and updates
- Forms & Declarations
- Legal Assistance Handbooks
- Solicitor registration
- Quality Assurance Schemes
- Agent video links
- Duty Plans
- Reforms and projects
- Advice sector
- National Fraud Initiative
- About us
- Who we are
- What we do
- Access to information
- Complaints & customer service
- Board suppliers
AWI guidance section added to Civil Handbook
Monday, Jul 02, 2018
Guidance has been added to the Civil Handbook to explain our approach to legal aid applications concerning adults with incapacity (AWI).
The information reflects our established practice and is not new policy.
It covers the most common queries we receive and is aimed at assisting you in the application and accounts process.
The guidance explains:
- The information we need to assess the case and why we require it.
- What we do with the information and how we assess the application.
- When you need to ask us for sanction.
- The information you need to give us in order to be paid.
We have also created a tool to help you work out how to obtain cover for the different stages of the process.
Please contact Wendy Dalgleish for more information about applying for legal aid in these cases or Judith Cemery for further details about AWI accounts.
Legal Aid Online
27, Jun, 2019
SLAB welcomes launch of public consultation on legal aidRead article
13, Jun, 2019
contactSCOTLAND BSL service extendedRead article
08, Mar, 2019
SLAB welcomes new legal aid advisory panelRead article
12, Dec, 2018
Annual Report 2017-18 publishedRead article
19, Oct, 2018
Make payment to us online through SLABPAYRead article