- Information for the public
- Civil cases
- Criminal cases
- Children's Hearings
- Leaflets for the public
- Find a Solicitor
- Report a suspected fraud
- Information for providers
- Legal Aid Online
- Mailshots and updates
- Forms & Declarations
- Legal Assistance Handbooks
- Solicitor registration
- Quality Assurance Schemes
- Agent video links
- Duty Plans
- Reforms and projects
- Advice sector
- National Fraud Initiative
- About us
- Who we are
- What we do
- Access to information
- Complaints & customer service
- Board suppliers
Online Accounts Redevelopment - release of new civil screens
Thursday, Mar 16, 2017
This update contains information on the following accounts products and developments.
The next phase of our online accounts redevelopment is nearing completion.
The next products to be released are the new civil accounts screens.
The current timescale for delivering these new civil accounts products is spring 2017.
Information on training and guidance for the new screens is available below.
What are the benefits of the new civil accounts products?
In comparison to the current online screens the new civil accounts products will provide the following benefits to firms:
- If you add a work item that takes you over the case cost limit the system will display an advisory warning message. This will be displayed at work item level.
- When you are submitting a claim for reimbursement of outlays and interim payment of fees you will no longer have to complete two separate online accounts. The new civil product allows you to claim these together under a new account type – ‘interim’.
- The introduction of framing Court of Session accounts online.
- When you have employed an Edinburgh agent you will be able to use the online system to notify them that the case has concluded and ask them to complete their account. The Edinburgh agent will then be able to do this using the online system and forward this to the nominated solicitor. They will also be able to use the online system to respond to any abatements. However, please note that the nominated solicitor will remain responsible for submitting the account and negotiations with SLAB.
- An online civil synopsis/case conclusion form has been introduced for use prior to the submission of an account. This form will require approval before the associated account can be submitted and will deliver the following improvements:
- Reflects the internal process currently invisible once an account is submitted.
- The form will only request the information required for the type of case, identifying whether there is a potential recovery or preservation for the case.
- It can be passed directly to the Principal Sums (Psums) team for account submission approval in the event that a potential recovery or preservation is identified.
- Automatic approval of the synopsis/case conclusion where there is no potential recovery or preservation.
- Ensures all necessary documentation is included.
- Has the facility to attach documentation directly to the synopsis/case conclusion form.
- Notifications will be provided advising on the progress of the synopsis/case conclusion form.
- Improved Judicial Expenses process following receipt of these expenses.
- Accounts waiting for approval from Psums before submission are not liable to any time bar validation.
Training and guidance
The guidance section on our website currently contains training videos and interactive PDFs for the accounts products that are now live, including the new paper account process.
Guidance covering the functionality of the new civil accounts screens is currently being prepeared and will be published prior to the new civil products going live.
We will notify you when the guidance is available prior to new civil products being introduced.
Please open the Guidance page and bookmark it so that you are able to access it easily whenever necessary. A link to the guidance section has also been added to the LAOL login screen.
WEBINAR’s are currently available for the products previously rolled out. We plan to host webinar’s for the new civil accounts screens and we will provide you with dates when we plan to hold shortly.
For further information or to arrange a webinar on any of the existing live account products, please contact:
Christine Connerton, Digital Services Marketing Officer: email@example.com
Legal Aid Online
21, Aug, 2017
Advocate David Sheldon appointed to boardRead article
10, Aug, 2017
SLAB joins Climate Week 2017Read article
20, Jul, 2017
Payments to the profession - 25 & 28 AugustRead article
22, Jun, 2017
First advice agencies accredited under new Scottish National Standards processRead article
30, Nov, 2016
SLAB annual report 2015-2016 publishedRead article